Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fire! Flats and People Watching

One day left until I subject myself to the cruel and unusual punishment of NaNoWriMo.
I wonder if i truly understand what i have decided to try .... It ain't going to be pretty but at least i can write complete crap without having to worry about re-editing. There will simply be no time!

Things not to have hgappen to you when in the dark trying to light a bonfire:

  • Your torch stops working
  • The wind blows out the candles
  • Your lighter decides to play silly buggers
  • The rain completely soaked your long burning wood
  • the nice quick burning wood gives of enough acrid smoke to make your head spin
  • Your Seat keeps sinking in the mud
  • You almost loose your hair to the blaze
  • You forgot the marshmallows
Well even after that i had a nice blaze for a while and sat down for a few beers and toasted the dead ... At least the moon came out to help me find my way around otherwise i might have been calling for help from the middle of a Bramble Maze.
Over all - partial success and enough lessons learned to make the next attempt more successful

Other happenings today:

Found a flat. Simple and easy. Knock and you shall be answered, ask and you shall recieve.

Met the Ex for lunch, The conversation went something like"I'm fine, Were better as friends, I'm happy you found someone else, Be sure before you move in."
Well I'm sure as sure can be and maybe a little more:) Things have a way of working out don't you think?

Reading: People Watching by Vernon Coleman

Interesting. I like the act of People watching and do it whenever i get the chance. Nice to see that I'm not alone:)

Hmm not too cryptic today i feel...I must add something more metaphorical...

Oh yes, Smoking is a Bitch .. it always creeps up on you and pounces at the worst time...
You never get over it. I am Smokings Bitch. *Bark bark*

Have you ever noticed how some people keep eating food that they know is no good for them just because they like the taste? Or it comforts them?
Addictions are hard things to master and they Lurk unsen when beaten, only to creep up on you again.
If only we could tell ourselves that these things are bad ... but we still insist that they are good...even against out own experience...

Anyway enough ... catch you round.

No comments: