Saturday, November 18, 2006

At last

Today I actually have a day off, a day off that does not involve car trips to fetch furniture from the old house, sitting on hold on the phone speaking to people to sort out addresses and new details, or unpacking and re-arranging. Have had a crazy week at work, almost 50 hours, and am pretty much shattered, but did get a nice lie in today. I'm glad I have less than a week before I leave, wanting to be somewhere else really makes a girl impatient. I was never very good at patience either. This weekend, am going to do some clever packing, a fair amount of my temple stuff is already there, but there are some bits left to take, I guess robes are not priority and can wait a month or so till all my stuff gets moved. I think a certain someone shall never have to buy occult/magick books again, reading mine will take quite some time I think:)

Hmmm, other things of interest....my interview has been moved a little, which works out much better, am now guaranteed a day or two to sort myself out and settle in, perhaps even unpack neatly so I don't create an area of chaos that seems to come so naturally.

Someone I know is getting initiated today.....and that brought me back round to pondering that subject, is a favourite of mine. I have had a fair number of initiations myself, and actually none of which were self-initiations which is possibly odd, not sure. So there more initiations someone has, does it change their treatment of it in terms of preparation? Personally, I am all for fasting before hand, and have done so on all my initiations. It is nice if it is possible to be alone as much as can be for a day or so prior. In any case, we have had some interesting topics of conversation this week, from serpents and kundalini, triangles, holy trinities, general symbolism and the 'taking' of an initiation. I think out of all the initiations I have had, the first was the most impactful on my life, my Craft initiation, it started out the path I walk today, and it initiated a Goddess connection. An interesting thing I noticed as well when reading through my magickal diaries, all my initiations have been around Midsummer.

On another note, don't do that personality disorder quiz Ibard put up, it is clearly wrong, I know for a fact I am perfectly normal, and my results were trying to say otherwise :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to second Adriana's notion on that personality quiz--obviously drawn up by drunks in the whee hours of a whiskey binge!
The results were no place near correct!

Find a reputable site IB, that one was run by alkies!