Thursday, May 10, 2007

Why Are You Here?

I have been thinking recently about Purpose.

Purpose in the sense of your direction in life. An ambition. A Will to achieve something.
Does this purpose come about nautrally in your life, chosen for you from birth, or is it chosen by you and then followed?
I suppose it doesn't really matter which it is as long as you have a goal and work out the ways to achieve it.
Without purpose life seems meaningless and without value. With one you have a sense of worth, importance and happiness that is independant of outside influences.

So what is my Purpose?
Why am I here?
What do I want?

I want to write for a living.

So what is stopping me? Fear.
Failure and the unknown.
The best way to beat these daemons? Act. Set goals. start small and work up. Know that i can and that the fear is illusory.

Ok, enough thoughts for now.

No comments: